Coldspring mill, Cullingworth was constructed in 1880 close to a natural spring and began life as a soap mill. Soap produced at the mill, using lanolin from a local tannery, was used in the wool scouring trade prior to the invention of detergents.
During World War Two the building was used by Warag to store farm machinery and tools. The mill was derelict until 1983, when it was bought by textile merchant, Roger Wood, who began a major renovation of the building.
The mill shop opened in 1986 to supply knitting yarns with an outdoor clothing department introduced in 1999.