Crusader Works in Manchester was built in the late 1840’s by George Parr, Matthew Curtis and William Madeley- it is a rare example of a large, mid-19th-century textile machinery works. Known originally as the Phoenix Works, the huge new factory included an Iron foundry built on the opposite side of Chapeltown Street. It was amongst the earliest and largest purpose-built textile machinery works in Manchester.
In 1894, the building was acquired by John Hetherington & Sons, who continued to produce machinery at Crusader Works until the early 1920s.
The building was awarded a Grade Il listing in 1994. Capital & Centric acquired the building in 2017, when it was semi-derelict and embarked on a sympathetic residential conversion creating 123 apartments together with a community courtyard and other amenities.